Senior Manager, Client Operations
The Senior Manager, Client Operations will be a customer-facing role responsible for ensuring the success of the company’s enterprise clients – from onboarding to growth to ongoing support. ReferWell works with some of the largest healthcare systems and payers in the United States and the Senior Manager, Client Operations will be expected to lead the ReferWell team when interfacing with the leaders of these companies. This person will help set the goals, KPIs and timelines of our enterprise client portfolio, ensuring that ReferWell is maximizing client satisfaction and revenue opportunities. This will include finding, evaluating, and contracting with external partners as well as working with internal cross-functional partners to meet and exceed client expectations.
In addition to being customer-facing, this role will be responsible for overseeing and helping to scale the company’s internal operational effectiveness. This includes helping to build out our internal tracking and reporting capabilities and developing the systems and processes to improve the end user experience.
While working closely with other teams across the organization, including the leadership team, the right candidate for this role will be able to work well autonomously, make key decisions on their own, and manage their time/output with minimal supervision. The Senior Manager, Client Operations will report to the company’s Head of Operations. This role will manage a few people on Day One, with management responsibilities increasing over time.
We have a hybrid in-office/ work from home model for our employees.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and oversee client onboarding projects as primary client liaison and be responsible for client satisfaction.
- Determine a client’s specific needs, develop an appropriate project plan, and ensure the onboarding/ implementation stays on schedule.
- Learn and become an expert in the system’s capabilities; be able to demonstrate the system, resolve users’ issues, and engender confidence in users’ ability to use/maximize the system.
- Develop reports/dashboards to track and manage key product usage statistics and develop scalable processes to improve client’s adoption and use of the system.
- Work with large sets of data to analyze and create custom reporting based on client needs.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure ReferWell is developing materials that serve our clients’ needs while simultaneously promoting ReferWell. This could include training guides, best practices, case studies, etc.
- Work closely with the leadership team to, based on the client experience, inform the sales process, business model and overall direction of the company.
- Manage and coach members of the operations team, both direct reports and the team at large.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to be unflappable and to remain poised in the face of client objections, tight deadlines, etc.
- Tenacity and proficiency at developing ‘trusted advisor’ status with customers and internal staff.
- Ability to think independently and problem-solve, including technical components, to satisfy client.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail through to issue completion; a thorough thinker.
- Strong professionalism in written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
ReferWellSM is a tech-enabled services company designed to leverage the referable momentSM to transform, simplify and integrate healthcare delivery so more people get the care they need.
Intervening at the referable moment — the point in time when a person is most ready to take action to improve their health — is critical to streamlining and integrating care delivery. By leveraging that moment, ReferWell’s intuitive technology platform and a skilled service team create the award-winning tech-enabled service product that is ReferWell.
ReferWell has a dynamic and fast-paced start-up vibe, where contribution is more important than rank — and results are everything. We have assembled a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find purpose in their work and support each other in the process. The company recently closed a Series B round of funding and has about 50 employees. ReferWell is entering its next phase of growth and looking to hire individuals who can help take the company to the next level.
ReferWell has a hybrid in-office/ work from home model for its employees and currently works out of its Stamford, Conn., office two days per week.