ReferWellSM is a venture-backed, rapidly growing, innovative, award-winning health-tech company located in Stamford, CT. ReferWell’s unique combination of technology and services enable clients to leverages the referable momentSM to transform, simplify and integrate healthcare delivery getting more people the care they need.
Intervening at the referable moment—the point in time when a person is most ready to take action to improve their health—is critical to streamlining and integrating care delivery. By leveraging that moment, ReferWell’s intuitive technology platform and skilled service team create the award-winning tech-enabled service product that is ReferWell.
ReferWell has a dynamic and fast-paced start-up vibe, where contribution is more important than rank—and results are everything. We have assembled a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find purpose in their work and support each other in the process. The company recently closed a Series B round of funding and has about 50 employees. ReferWell is entering its next phase of growth and looking to hire individuals who can help take the company to the next level.
The Care Navigator Role
ReferWell is looking to hire 2-3 Care Navigators to add to our growing team. Candidates who are bi-lingual that speak Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese), Russian, or Polish are a plus, but not required.
We have designed our Care Navigator program with the needs of partners/clients in mind. The Care Navigator will engage members identified by the health plan client (either as at high risk of health complications or as otherwise needing ongoing Care Navigation). Successful navigation is achieved through collaborating with the member (and sometimes the other health care professionals involved in the member’s care). Depending on the program, you will contact and maintain relationships with members for a designated time; you will assist members with referrals and scheduling appointments as appropriate, using the ReferWell system; in all cases, you will capture notes from the conversation that can be used to guide ongoing Care Navigation calls.
The Care Navigator will also help close care gaps for health plan payers and improve health outcomes in designated markets. As a Care Navigator, you will contact patients and help schedule them, using the ReferWell system, for annual wellness visits and preventive care screenings (colonoscopies, mammograms, bone density scans and A1C tests). Closing care gaps is a vital tool in improving healthcare outcomes. You will be responsible for reporting on contact results and statistics, and for taking the right proactive/corrective actions to ensure that members have a positive patient experience.
The Care Navigator role is a full-time position. The candidate is expected to work at least 30-35 hours a week (40 max.), but with a flexible schedule (within designated business hours). The hourly rate is $20-$22/hour (based on experience), payable bi-weekly. This position reports to a Care Navigation Manager. All training time is paid at the same hourly rate.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in outbound calls to pre-identified patients and work with them to get them scheduled with the proper provider (as determined by the ReferWell system) “right then and there” while they are on the phone.
- Assess each patient’s treatment needs as identified via client-provided patient questionnaires; keep accurate records and thoroughly document the call notes; and update the status of each case when the interaction is completed.
- Manage each member/patient interaction to a high level of patient satisfaction. Follow up with the members to build and maintain relationships with members to build ongoing rapport and trust. Avoid trying to provide clinical guidance, just navigate the member to the right next step (per the training provided by ReferWell).
- Learn and become an expert in the system’s capabilities.
- Track, manage, and capture information on the metrics of the program as needed.
- Perform any additional or ad hoc tasks to help ensure the success of both the Care Navigator program and ReferWell.
- Participate and appear in team and company wide meetings.
- Train and mentor new/fellow team members when needed as RW grows
- Maintain an unwavering positive, professional demeanor toward clients, prospects, and all staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- A growth mindset, and is willing to adjust to greater responsibilities.
- Critical thinking skills and empathy to make patients feel empowered and at ease.
- Ability to “convey a smile through the telephone,” maintain calm in the face of objections or adversity and always project the best possible image of the company.
- Ability to think independently and problem-solve, including technical components, to satisfy clients.
- Ability to pivot between different projects as needed to cater to the needs of our clients.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail through to issue completion; a thorough thinker.
- Strong professionalism in written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, and strong prioritization skills.
WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM APPLICANTS WHO ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD AND CENTRAL STANDARD TIME ZONES!!